Menu
Highlighted
stefan442
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi turning off 2am every day

Hello,

As title, my WiFi is turning off at 2am every day. Have to turn router on and off for it to turn back on. Wired connections still work.

Any thing I can do?

Thanks,

Stefan
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi turning off 2am every day

Hi stefan442, 

I was hoping to test your connection but your Hub appears to be offline right now. Would you please leave it powered on so I can run a few tests? If the Hub is offline due a problem then let me know so I can assist. 
Otherwise your wireless issue may be due to a faulty Hub - in which case I can order a new one for you.
Or I wonder if there is some nearby wireless interference that occurs at that precise time? If you are aware of anything please notify us on here and we'll see what we can do to help.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi stefan442, 

I was hoping to test your connection but your Hub appears to be offline right now. Would you please leave it powered on so I can run a few tests? If the Hub is offline due a problem then let me know so I can assist. 
Otherwise your wireless issue may be due to a faulty Hub - in which case I can order a new one for you.
Or I wonder if there is some nearby wireless interference that occurs at that precise time? If you are aware of anything please notify us on here and we'll see what we can do to help.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

stefan442
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jen, It shouldn't be off unless I have a power cut. I would say the 2am is a rough estimate, it's always overnight. Between 2300-0530.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi stefan442, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry again for the connection problems. You're currently online and I can't see any faults. I think it'll be a good idea to set up a BQM so we can take a closer look at your network performance. 

Speak soon, 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kafeen
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've been having similar problems too.  For the last few weeks it seems like almost every night and often during the day when I get back from work the WiFi connections (both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band) have disappeared.  They come back after restarting the router.

I heard of some issues recently with Chromecast causing WiFi problems so I thought it might be related to that, but I disconnected my Chromecast last week and the issues have still been occurring.

If this is a hardware issue, can you please advise on the procedure for getting a replacement?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kafeen wrote:

I've been having similar problems too.  For the last few weeks it seems like almost every night and often during the day when I get back from work the WiFi connections (both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band) have disappeared.  They come back after restarting the router.

I heard of some issues recently with Chromecast causing WiFi problems so I thought it might be related to that, but I disconnected my Chromecast last week and the issues have still been occurring.

If this is a hardware issue, can you please advise on the procedure for getting a replacement?

Thank you.

Could be a circuit impairment.  The VM bods can tell you whether or not that is the case when they get to your case in a week or so.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
stefan442
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Heather,

I have set one up on my PC, which is a wired connection. Will this show you what you need to know? How long does it need to run for?

Below is the speed test on my VIVID 150 Fibre Broadband Smiley LOL

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1516828382636270355

Thanks,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey stefan442, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

I appreciate the graphs you've recorded. I have tried to test if this is happening to all modems on your cable but the tool isn't populating results for me at the minute. I'll do a bit more digging and get back to you with my findings. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there stefan442,

Hope you don't mind me getting back in touch with you on behalf of Heather as she is currently away from the office.

I've checked things from this end for you and I'm unable to locate any active faults relating to this at the moment.

Are you having the same trouble with a separate hardwired device?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos