Menu
Trekker24689
Tuning in
Message 71 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Just had the virgin guy out and he had a look and saw nothing really wrong with the router but swapped it for the Superhub 3.  Not had any problems yet but will wait and see.  Lets hope.  

0 Kudos
Rimmer100
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Mine went down again last night. This time I looked at the lights and the 5Ghz was on solidly. The 2.4 GHz was flashing but trying to connect to that didn't work and my phone disconnected from it.

As I was using the WiFi at the time I don't think it had progressed to the point where the SSIDs had vanished but I suspect that would have happened if I left it. Hardwired connections were fine.

Reboot resolved it.

Virgin Telly Tablet
Nexus 6P
Several Ring security cameras

I'm not sure why some people think that swapping to a SH3 isn't going to resolve the issue. As far as I have seen no-one with a 3 has reported this specific issue yet.
0 Kudos
marslanp
Joining in
Message 73 of 606
Flag for a moderator

A few people mentioned Google Home - not everyone experiencing the issue has a Google Home, but it got me thinking. Just a theory, but maybe its the Google Home 'family', including Chromecast devices, and devices with Chromecast built in. I have a Google Home Mini, 1 Chromecast Audio, 1 2nd gen standard Chromecast for TV, and 2 Sony ZR5's with Chromecast built-in. I've powered them all down a few hours ago, and rebooted the router. All is ok so far, so will monitor throughout the day and report back. 

0 Kudos
Slim01
Tuning in
Message 74 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Ralph, have you heard anything from Virgin yet? Have they even acknowledged this is an issue affecting many people? My wifi is continuing to completely drop out - many times a day for a week now.. The only solution on here seems to be getting an engineer to come and replace SH2 with a SH3.   

0 Kudos
cablejunkie
Up to speed
Message 75 of 606
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problems as everyone else here.

In my case it only started a few weeks ago, after I was upgraded from 70Mb to 100Mb. Before this I could count the amount of restarts for the entire lifetime of owning my Superhub 2 on one hand!

Now the WiFi (not the wired connection) is dropping out almost every day, sometimes more than once. Please can someone at VM investigate what's causing this, as it seems to me that it must be a software or firmware issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
sTeDay
Tuning in
Message 76 of 606
Flag for a moderator

This is the second time responding, my original reply seem to have not posted ... so trying again Smiley Sad

Here are my observations, I have a nestcam so I can get the date / times where I seem to have lost internet access.

sun 10th @ 7:40 / 22:45
mon 11th @ 6:40 / 13:50
tue 12th @ 12:20 / 18:30 / 21:49
Thu 14th @ 16:25
Fri 15th @ 01:24 / 11:30 / 14:07 / 20:17
Sat 16th @ 00:00 / 05:30 / 10:25 / 10:33 / 12:14

Wired connection works fine, but the wireless network for 2.4Ghz / 5Ghz channels disapear until I turn off / on the router.
From what I remember the 2.5Ghz light on the router is lit normally, but the 5Ghz seems dimmed. Actually ... it looks like they are both lit as normal and may have just been the way I was looking at the router / night. I'll take a photo next time it does.

Boot Code Version PSPU-Boot 1.0.20.1356
Software Version V1.01.33
Hardware Version 3.11

I will try factory reset next time, and report any findings.

I am leaving WiFi off on my phone, as I seem to notice WiFi dying when im using my Nexus 6P / Oreo build dec patches ~ 5th Dec -- maybe coincidence.

0 Kudos
Marko1783
Joining in
Message 77 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Same here, Wi-Fi dropping out a number of times a day. Both lights off on router and resetting is the only fix.

Silence from Virign on this is annoying
0 Kudos
impatient
Dialled in
Message 78 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Tried a factory reset.  Lasted almost 24 hours this time, but WiFi down again this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 79 of 606
Flag for a moderator

impatient wrote:

Tried a factory reset.  Lasted almost 24 hours this time, but WiFi down again this afternoon.

Are the two wireless lights permanently off?

Is the hardwied connection still working?

0 Kudos
impatient
Dialled in
Message 80 of 606
Flag for a moderator

griffin wrote:

impatient wrote:

Are the two wireless lights permanently off?

Is the hardwied connection still working?

On this occasion both wireless lights were permanently on.  Symptoms as before - No SSID being broadcast, no wireless signal at all detected, no admin console, wired connection and WAN both working.

0 Kudos