Menu
Trekker24689
Tuning in
Message 61 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

Thanks Ralph for that,

An engineer is coming out tomorrow morning to have a look. the wifi is ok when I get home and overnight which it has not been that last few days but dropped last night a couple of times. Using wired at the moment but want wifi as have devices that only use wifi.

0 Kudos
CFC-woody
Joining in
Message 62 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi on SuperHub 2 dies multiple times every day - How do I get the SuperHub 3?

my devices that are having issues are

SkyQ

Sony CT800 sound bar

Sony ZR5 wireless speakers x 2

Sony Bravia TV

Apple iOS (iphone ipad), Android Galaxy 7

All devices running latest code available form the suppliers.

0 Kudos
AkumaUk
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 606
Flag for a moderator

@cfc_woody said it dropped at 06:00 and 16:00..

I had a feeling in my mind it was regular too, it's definitely off every morning when I wake up. (7am) and I am up until 2am most nights.

If it's off when I get home I'll reboot and log into the console and check logs..

@griffin @malcom : can you suggest what logs to look at and what info is pertinent please?

Btw I tried FR on Tuesday and this has made no difference for 3 days.
0 Kudos
AkumaUk
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 606
Flag for a moderator

So, got home, WiFi service off.
Called virgin support. The Indian call centre worker had no interest in my explanation of the issues, argued with me to turn off my router and then said "I've fixed a glitch on the line" (his words) and he asked me to switch on again.

I then asked him the root cause and he said it was the glitch and it would all be fine now.

That was 17:37. At 20:00 the WiFi service stopped again. Same as before. Not said broadcast, fixed lights for WiFi and no admin console.

I have rebooted and service restored.
I am now going to raise another call and try and get some else to help.

My log files look like this over and over:

15/12/2017 20:19:37 GMT 66050310 Auth Success - Web login successful.
15/12/2017 20:19:37 GMT 66050310 Auth Success - Web login successful.
15/12/2017 20:09:49 GMT 68010302 DHCP WAN IP - removed 
15/12/2017 20:08:50 GMT 68000407 TOD established
Time Not Established Time Not Established 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
AkumaUk
On our wavelength
Message 65 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Router was dead when I got home. so at 17:34 I called Tech support and explained the whole situation. They asked me to power off and I explained I didn't want them to until they looked at the issue, but I don't think he could log on.

While the router was off he said he fixed a "glitch on the line" (his words) and I could switch on now, all would be fine. I explained this was not the fix but he would not listen. He repeated there had been an issue which he'd fixed and the issue wouldn't return.

At 20:00 the wifi failed again. So I rebooted then called support, who told me they could not see any issues, and offered to send an engineer next week.

So I doubt the root cause will be fixed, but they will most likely swap out the router and we'll see if that fixes the issue. doubt it, but we'll see.

0 Kudos
optimus1066
Tuning in
Message 66 of 606
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been experiencing issues, but at the same time disheartened that there doesn't seem to be an easy/known fix.

As others have stated - WiFi doesn't just drop out and then come back, it stops and requires a reboot.

Mine had gone ok for nearly a day - I had to reboot this morning, and then it failed just before 10pm. Both WiFi lights were on, and wired connection continued as normal. As with others, the wired access to the admin hub was not available.

Running V1.01.33 software. 

Hardware connected - couple of iPads, android mobiles, chromecasts, fire TV, printer, Google Home & Home mini.

0 Kudos
DonDon17
Joining in
Message 67 of 606
Flag for a moderator

I posted in another thread before seeing this one, however it looks like I'm in the same boat as others here. I realised in the other thread I described my issue as WiFi dropping out which is leading some replies to similar posts pointing out that interference maybe causing dropouts.

To be clear my WiFi Issue is that either the whole WiFi network disappears off my SuperHub 2 on both the 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs or one or the other goes off. It's highly unlikely to be interference.

As I'm typing this now I can see only the 5GHz lit up on the SuperHub the 2.4Ghz. On 2 client devices (HTC10 phone and Lenovo A10-70 tablet both 3 feet away from the Hub2) neither the 2.4Ghz or the 5GHz SSID is visible A power off and reboot does temporarily fix the issue, but this is now a daily routine to get the WiFi working.

This has been happening over the last week and until now the SuperHub2 has been completely stable for WiFi channels. The LAN connection does seem stable and the Hub2 is connected to my PC by cable.

I don't have Google Home, so don't think that is a common factor here, but do have Sky Q (wired via powerline), a Firestick and Chromecast and various android tablets and phones trying to use the WiFi.

0 Kudos
JohnTheBaptist1
Joining in
Message 68 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Hey all,

Just registered as I'm having exactly the same problem as you lot. Since this week, WiFi unavailable after it's not been used for a while (eg. in the mornings), not visible on any devices, unable to log in to SH2.

Reboot of the SH2 fixes the issue temporarily, but it returns as regular as clockwork. Support said he'd fixed it yesterday "for sure", but woke up in the same situation.

Let's hope someone starts to believe us soon... 

0 Kudos
Slacey
Tuning in
Message 69 of 606
Flag for a moderator

So, it's been a week with this issue now. I've posted on here twice with no reply from VM and tried all of the recommended steps from the superusers (multiple factory resets now with no difference). The kids are now self sufficient and know how to sort the problem, albeit temporarily which at least saves me the hassle of rebooting it every few hours. If an acknowledgement was made and a customer wide announcement that it was being investigated that would be something, but still reading that everyone is getting the same response of a supposed remote fix that doesn't do anything is not acceptable. If the SH3 'fixes' the issue then pony up and send them out to those who request them, or at least assure us something is being done as a priority for the large and growing number of customers with the problem.

AkumaUk
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 606
Flag for a moderator

Woke up this morning, WiFi went off at 8:00 and then after a reboot went off again at 9:00.

This is not a random occurance, nor is swapping my router going to fix root cause.

I'm going to phone Virgin again and escalate.
0 Kudos