Menu
dizwod
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi losing internet

Hi

Recently got s hub3 due to port forwarding settings randomly getting deleted.

Since this our WiFi both 2g and 5g connects but will randomly lose internet. The only way to resolve is to turn off WiFi and enable again.

Surely there must be something wrong?

Can't see anything obvious in the settings to be causing this.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi losing internet

Hello dizwod,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn this was happening to your wireless connection.

I have located your account to run a couple of tests and everything looks okay at the moment, do you have any problems when you're connected through a wired connection?

Regarding your wireless connection I would recommend checking out these two links as they will help you get the best out of your wireless signal.

*Changing your wireless channel*

and

*Getting the best out of your wireless connection*

Please let me know if you still have any issues and I'll investigate it further for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dizwod
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wired is fine. Channels are optimum and not conflicting. Happens on all wireless devices wherever they are in the house. All was fine when on previous superhub.

Now jut got connects nut no internet have to disconnect and restart and is fine for 30mins plus
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dizwood,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With the Hub 3, it broadcasts the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz as one network. It may be worth separating these and renaming them to something completely different including the password.

I can see that you are currently on channel AUTO, have you tried any other channels by any chance?

Does the devices still show they are connected to the wireless when the internet stops working?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dizwod
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello yes they are named separate with different passwords.

The channel was only changed to auto to see if it made a difference which it hasn't before it was set to something which I no longer remember.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dizwood,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response.

When you get chance, complete a factory reset of the Hub 3, rename/separate the wireless networks again and see if this will help.

Are you using any power line adaptors at all?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
dizwod
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi have already done a reset.

Am using powrline but they are not using WiFi.

It's only since got the hub3 this issue started
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya dizwood,

I appreciate all the checks you have completed so far, however too no avail.

I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with more information in regards to this issue.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos