Menu
JamesW9777
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi issues

Having issues with the wifi and internet in general. I have a PC connected via an Ethernet and every couple of days the internet drops to below 6 download
WiFi however is far worse. Ive been less than 6 foot from the box and struggled with internet access when I've done a speed test on the PC and know it's working fine. This also means I get very limited WiFi access in any room bar the one the box is in, can this be resolved at all?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi issues

Hey there JamesW9777,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds right now. I've checked this and I'm sorry to report that we're currently working on a fault in your area that's responsible for causing slow speeds, especially during peak time hours. The fault ref is: F005111359 and it's due for review on the 6th Sept.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this and let me know if you've got any more questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JamesW9777
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's just the speed, it's also the wifi connection, it's shockingly poor
I can do everything on the desktop fine most of the time. But anything on a mobile device is dire, generally speaking I can't go 10 seconds into a video without it pausing and needing to buffer and downloading content from works emails is a pain also

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this additional information JamesW9777,

If you haven't already, it's definitely worth trying and Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel to help strengthen this type of connection.

Let us know how you get on with this, Smiley Happy

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos