Menu
UsAtHome
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

WiFi has become unreliable

Hi,

My WiFi has become unreliable for about 1 month.  It is affecting all devices - phones, laptops, SONOS.  It drops out, sometimes won't connect and is slower than it used to be.  

I've tried changing the WiFi channel, resetting the router, rebooting all devices but this has not helped.

I have a super hub and have had the same one for 5 years.  Up until now it has been pretty reliable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi has become unreliable

Hello UsAtHome,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your wireless connection. It sounds like you've tried all the usual things to resolve this but it's still on-going. I think we should try a replacement. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address so I can place an order.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AbbCon
Joining in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I have a Superhub 2, and the wi fi signal is terrible. I have spent 2 hours changing the channels manually going through each one and then trying it, even turning the power off each time i changed the channel, which made no difference. Now its back on auto, and still no change. Even 5 ft away it struggles to connect. The router has been moved to different locations in my lounge, again with no difference.

This happens on 5 smartphones, 3 tablets and 2 laptops, so its not one item with problems. Some days it is just about usable, but most days it is threatened with being chucked out the window.  

The wired connections are perfect, with no problems.

My old super hub (1) was the best router i've ever had, with no problems, but since we had the Superhub 2 we have had constant problems.

Regards

Kenny

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kenny,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

I appreciate this is an irritating fault and thanks for attempting to resolve this yourself. I've sent you a PM so we can resolve this.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Rebel2611
Joining in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problems wired devices work OK, but wireless drops in an out at random and on speed test varies between 5 and 50 .We have 3 phones 2 tablets radio and an echo dot, when you check the connection it all ways tells you its connected but it's not.West have had this problem for about 5 or 6 weeks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey Rebel2611,

Thanks for joining the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're also having problems with your wireless connection. Have you been through the wireless channels yet? You might need to try a few different ones to find the one that performs best for your environment.

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Giles_W
Joining in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I have the same issue as UsAtHome and AbbCon. Please can someone get in touch?

Thanks.

Regards,

Giles

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hey Giles,

Sorry to hear about the connection trouble you're having Smiley Sad

We'll need a bit more info to be able to advise further. Can you confirm that you've tried different wireless channels?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Giles_W
Joining in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Yeah, I have a Super Hub 2 and have tried both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels. We have had the hub for a long time and it worked fine with all our wireless devices. Recently all wireless devices struggle to get any data from it. We don't have any problems with wired connections.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Giles 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Giles,

Thanks for letting me know Smiley Happy

I think it's best if we try a replacement, it sounds like you've done everything possible to resolve this, with no improvement. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and delivery address, and I'll place an order for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos