Menu
Mackemmah
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi drops frequently

My WiFi keeps dropping out, this happens most days and requires a router reboot to fix it. I have tried changing the channel but this still happens, I have ran a wireless network scan and there are no known networks clashing. Network log below.20161117 netlog.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi drops frequently

Nothing abnormal with the log you have posted.

Wireless interference can come in many forms that won't show up on a wireless network scan.  Cordless phones, baby monitors, car alarms and microwaves all have the potential to cause interference but will not show on a scan.

Do you have any devices connected by Ethernet cable to the hub?  If so do they also lose connectivity? Knowing if a wired device drops out helps to pinpoint if the issue is just with the wireless or possibly your line.

Posting the downstream and upstream screens showing power levels might be helpful to see if the levels are all healthy.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi drops frequently

Hello Mackemmah,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your wireless connection. I can see that Scott has advised that your readings are healthy.

It might help to change your operating wireless channel, if you are affected by interference, this could improve the performance.

Take a look at our helpful article - Changing the Virgin Media router's wireless channel / frequency for instructions on how to log into your Hub and make the changes.

I hope this helps,

Take care and have a great weekend.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos