Menu
Highlighted
ronniem
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropped twice today

Never seen this before in ten plus years.  Wired connection stable, but Wifi dropped twice, requiring power down and re-start.  Have I changed any hardware recently? No.  Any software (apps) changed recently.  I will have to GO and get some CONTROL. For VM read very mediocre.

0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropped twice today

Evening

Which router are you using?  Anything can cause wifi interference, maybe a wifi channel change will help.

Hope this link helps :   https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
ronniem
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Monday day 5

How things have moved on since Thursday.  Router now loses just WiFi 5/6 times a day, requiring everything to be shutdown and then restarted.  Have been promised a Hub 3.0.  

Shout out to anyone will this solve the problem OR are VM just buying time?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ro4nniem,

Welcome to the community.

I have checked your hub and everything looks okay so were you able to try greeniegirl's suggestion?

I have also added a link here which will show you how to get the best out of your wireless signal.

Since this is not happening with a wired connection then I'd recommend trying to suggestions above.

Please let me know how you get on

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dididocky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

just to point you to this post, sounds like the same as the rest of us. 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-on-SuperHub-2-dies-multiple-times-every...

0 Kudos