Menu
DITI
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connection keeps droppping & speed not great as per marketing claims

Hi

I have 3 issues with my broadband

1. My Wifi connection keeps dropping every 2 hours since a couple of months now, I'm getting really annoyed with this as we work from home quite a lot. I have to restart to fix the problem temporarily but it reoccurs. I had this earlier and we had changed channels etc. but that hasn't helped.  

2. I have been upgraded to 200 M, I ran speed tests at various times in the day and night but don't get beyond 20 M upload and 12 M download.

3. The price of the contract keeps going up and shiny marketing claims uplifts from 20 M -->50 M -->100 M -->150 M -->200M  and I'm sure 250 M is round the corner.

FYI I don't have the new Super Hub but the older version

Any help with this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection keeps droppping & speed not great as per marketing claims

Hi DITI, 

Thanks for posting to make us aware that your WiFi connection keeps dropping, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see quite a lot of T3 time outs inside your Hubs logs, I believe that the connection itself maybe dropping rather than just the WiFi.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to carry out some further investigations into this for you, I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dmcgovern
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connection keeps droppping & speed not great as per marketing claims

Hi there,

I am having the same issue past 2 months.  Connection keeps dropping out on my iPhone,ipad and windows 10 laptop.  Every time I log into laptop I need to renew lease/IP address, this is the only way it will connect anymore.  Ipad and iPhone drop connection randomly and also need to switch on and off WiFi connection on devices or forget network on devices and add again.  This has become v.ery frustrating.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos