Menu
leighlmorgan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi connected but no internet after upgrading Lumia 535 to Windows 10 Mobile

I've upgraded my mobile to windows 10 and now can't get it to authenticate to SH2 wifi.  I've tried setting security to every available option on SH2 (even turning it off) and the phone connects but has no internet connection.  It worked fine before upgrade.

I've run inSSIDer and tried changing channels but still no joy.

I've disabled 5GHz and tried all options again with just 2.4GHz enabled, but still doesn't work.

Don't know if it's relevant, but one thing I noticed is that inSSIDer reports 2 SSIDs on 2.4GHz - the one I've named myself showing WPA2-Personal as the secuirty, but another named "Virgin Media" with security as WPA2-Enterprise.  The WPA2-Enterprise one is on the same radio MAC as the WPA2-Personal, but I can't see any reference to it or it's MAC address in any of the SH2 management screens. 

I'm out of ideas, so any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi connected but no internet after upgrading Lumia 535 to Windows 10 Mobile

Hello leighlmorgan

Welcome to our forum, sorry you are having problems after a windows 10 update, it does sound quite frustrating. I appreciate this was a while ago but I found a thread with a few things to try Why cant my Lumia 535 connect to wifi router? Make sure it is not using static IP after the upgrade etc.

However fingers crossed I hope you have already cracked it!

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos