Menu
PaulW49
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Conflict

I've recently built an office in my garden and have run a Cat5 cable from the back of the router to the new office and attached a repeater, however when we connect to the office repeater we can't then connect to wifi in the main house, and vice versa.Is there some kind of conflict? We have a good signal most of the time and a good download speed but it seems we can't use both at once. Has anybody had a similar experience? or any thoughts on how to get both working at the same time?

Thanks,Paul

0 Kudos
pmk_mck
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Conflict

Can you help me to better understand what you've got connected where. When you say router, do you mean the Super Hub 2 or 3, or do you mean another device? When you say repeater, can you provide the make and model please? Here's what I think you have:

Super Hub in router mode, with it's wireless enabled, AND another wireless access point in the garden office. Is that right?

So, check that on the wireless access point in the garden office that it's set to be a DHCP client, and not a DHCP server. If you provide the make and model, I'll show you what to change from the user manual.

0 Kudos