Menu
Mark_S2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi range on Hub2 and Hub

I live in a terraced house built around 1900. I have terrible issues with range on my Wi-Fi. I have a Hub2 and previous had a the original Hub. Neither of the routers seemed particularly good for range. Works fine in room which router is in but in many rooms cannot get online. I have tried to change channels multiple times and played with settings so that it is now on one which is recommended for max range. Not much improvement. I have dicussed this with Virgin helpdesk. On one occasion they suggested that I should accept a range of 10-15 feet - is this really Wi-Fi? Has anyone any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wi-Fi range on Hub2 and Hub

hiya @Mark_S2 yeah to if you have thick walls, lots of other wifi connections around you can cause a host of issues, only real option would be putting the hub into modem mode and use a 3rd party router something like https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Wireless-Access-Points/ASUS-AC1900-Gigabit-Router-Server-Dongle-Support/B... not the cheapest router in the market but well worth it.. if this is outside your budget can suggest others
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos