Menu
SaminaShahzad
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi incorrect password

Hi,

i am having problems with my Wi- Fi, I have the superhub 2 .At random times throughout the day it will disconnect devices then asks to put in the password and then comes back with password incorrect. It has been become more frequent in the past couple of weeks and is becoming increasingly frustrating. 

any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wi-Fi incorrect password

Hello 

Factory reset is definitely something to try.  A pin is best to use keep it held into the reset hole for 30seconds (with the router powered on)

It will then also run through a reboot sequence and the wifi lights is the last to come on, once the 3 bottom lights are blue it can take up to 2minutes for the wifi lights to come back on.

I would also consider is this happening on every device or just one device? i.e. windows has been having issues over the last few months with various updates, which randomly won't let the user connect to the wifi keeps dropping off, if you do have a windows 10 device I would see if the driver needs updating.  You can do this by the following steps:

Left click on the start button 

click on pc settings or just settings

Go to Update and recovery

Check for updates (there might be a driver update waiting to go through)

If there is no updates showing you can then do the following steps:

Right click on start

Click on device manager

Click on Network adapters

Click on the wifi adapter

Click on driver details then on the left side you will see update driver

Then select the top option to search automatically for driver software and see if it installs an update.

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Phil76012
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest resetting your router to default setting you can do this by hitting the reset button with a pen Hold until the router turns off and on again this so hopefully sort it out.
0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello 

Factory reset is definitely something to try.  A pin is best to use keep it held into the reset hole for 30seconds (with the router powered on)

It will then also run through a reboot sequence and the wifi lights is the last to come on, once the 3 bottom lights are blue it can take up to 2minutes for the wifi lights to come back on.

I would also consider is this happening on every device or just one device? i.e. windows has been having issues over the last few months with various updates, which randomly won't let the user connect to the wifi keeps dropping off, if you do have a windows 10 device I would see if the driver needs updating.  You can do this by the following steps:

Left click on the start button 

click on pc settings or just settings

Go to Update and recovery

Check for updates (there might be a driver update waiting to go through)

If there is no updates showing you can then do the following steps:

Right click on start

Click on device manager

Click on Network adapters

Click on the wifi adapter

Click on driver details then on the left side you will see update driver

Then select the top option to search automatically for driver software and see if it installs an update.

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos