Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6 (84 Views)

Wi-Fi again

So after ages on the phone to virgin and an engineer coming out to install a new router we still have Wi-Fi issues, however, I set up a guest network and voila...full speed Wi-Fi with great range around the house..i can't work out why this would fix our problem but it has and i dont understand why the main wifi litwrally has no range or speed even after the engineer comes out....
0 Kudos
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6 (68 Views)

Re: Wi-Fi again

lee71 wrote:
So after ages on the phone to virgin and an engineer coming out to install a new router we still have Wi-Fi issues, however, I set up a guest network and voila...full speed Wi-Fi with great range around the house..i can't work out why this would fix our problem but it has and i dont understand why the main wifi litwrally has no range or speed even after the engineer comes out....

I recall seeing at least one other thread about this curious condition.  All I can think is that there is a bug in the hub's software.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6 (55 Views)

I know it doesn't make any sense to me either..i tried creating the guest network to see if there was any difference and didn't expect the result i got..i still can't connect to my original network, well it connects but I get an exclamation mark and the signal keeps dropping off..at least I have it working for now, I'll continue to use the guest network as it seems to be the only thing that works
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6 (42 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there lee71,

I'm sorry to hear about the connection trouble experienced.

I can see that my colleague Sam has responded to your separate thread to discuss this further.

Let us know if we can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6 (39 Views)

I did send her a pm but didn't get a reply. I'll stick with using a guest network as it's working pretty much perfectly and tbh the virgin engineers and the script readers on the phone don't know how to fix this issue so I'm not prepared to waste more time with it..
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6 (20 Views)

And just to add insult to injury it's now cost me over 30 quid in phone calls this month to virgin only for me to sort it out myself..your support sucks...nice one 👎
0 Kudos