Menu
ErayChumak
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why do I need to connect my super hub with my tv box?

Why do I need to connect my super hub with my virgin tv box?

Is there a way not to use a cable?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do I need to connect my super hub with my tv box?

It depends on which TV box you have.

The new V6 TV box requires an Internet connection to deliver on demand content and update the EPG.  This box has the option to do this via a wireless connection but wired is recommended.

The older TiVo box only uses the Ethernet connection to provide a virtual remote control via the TV Anywhere app.  All on demand content on this box is delivered via the coax cable.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It depends on which TV box you have.

The new V6 TV box requires an Internet connection to deliver on demand content and update the EPG.  This box has the option to do this via a wireless connection but wired is recommended.

The older TiVo box only uses the Ethernet connection to provide a virtual remote control via the TV Anywhere app.  All on demand content on this box is delivered via the coax cable.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

ErayChumak
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks for your help.

I'll look into maybe buying the latest one as you said.
0 Kudos