Menu
Attila86
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Why do I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on random websites?

Hi there,

Since a week ago now it doesn't matter on wifi or on ethernet always all the time get this msg.

Just for the information I done all of these things whitout any luck:

- Tried on different computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone,
- Tried on Wifi (2G and 5G),
- Yes restarted the Super Hub,
- Tried on different web browsers (Mainly use Chrome so changed the LAN settings as well),
- No new softwares installed, no problem with Firewall, no other antivirus program installed,
- Flushed and renewed the DNS and IP,
- Edited Windows Hosts file,
- Cleared the previous cookies and browsing historys,

So I gave up becasue I know I done every single possible steps to fix the issue and the only improvment was Now I can reach the sites meanwhile I'm hitting the F5 (refreshing) on the keyboard... Sometimes after x15 it's working... :/ Very frustrating beacuse I can't even bid properly on the ebay, I can't sync the online games with the clients (ie. Uplay, Steam, Origin).

So please, please do something. Maybe you can check is the address where I live is in a safe browsing zone which was causing some websites not loading. Make sure I'm not under some sort of website filtering please.

I'm loyal virgin media broadband customer after so many house swaps and after many years ago now but I've never ever had this issue before.

Thank you so much for any help.

Warm regards,

Attila K

0 Kudos
Attila86
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do I get ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on random websites?

No one able to help me out please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Attila86,

Thanks for getting in touch, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection. I can't see any technical explanation for this from our end. Does this happen across multiple devices or is it only affecting one specific device? I know you've done restarts, but have you performed a factory reset (pin into reset hole for 30 seconds)?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Attila86
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Yesterday finally I got help from someone at virgin. He put the super hub in modem mode done some changes and restarted. He's also sent me an instruction how to flush the dns and refresh the IP but I done this before without any luck. 

The problem seems to be fixed (at least on my desktop pc which is connected by ethernet cable (UTP), until today. The problems came back and on the smatrphones or tablets to issue was still on.

So I done a Factory reset unplugged everything till the hub stand up and was good till an hour or two. And start getting this connection timed out problem on wireless (2G or 5G) on laptop on tablet on smartphone even worst.

When I done the ipconfig commands the problem instantly goes away for a 30min maybe for a hour than getting back again.

Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Attila86,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

It sounds like you've done pretty much everything, so apologies that this is still on-going. I think it's worth trying a replacement at this stage. If you drop me a quick PM confirming your name and address, I'll place an order for you.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos