hiddenshajo
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What the heck do i do.

Hi.

Im paying for 100mbs a second.  

However im lucky to get 1mbs at the momment.  about 4 weeks ago it just died

I have book an engeneer as they said it could be contention ratio with other people moving nto the block.  but then they cancelled the engeneer without telling me saying they 'thought i didnt need it' though asking first might have been nice.

I cant phone there retentions team as I cant use a phone.  and the chat service says i need to call them if i want to leave.  i dont want to leave but they give me no option.

every.. single.. time i do the 'fault test' thing it comes up after about 20 percent saying 'reboot your equipment in 10 mins'.  and i do...  and it says the same thing again.

thats several times a day every day for the last month+

and they refuse to do anything.

my daughter cant do her homework.  i cant play on xbox or ps4 without getting kicked.  last night we didnt even have enough bandwith to play a youtube vid at low res.

and im paying for 100mbs a second.

someone please help

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: What the heck do i do.

If you plug into the router rather than using wifi do you get the same problem? Do you know how to get power levels off your router?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
hiddenshajo
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks.  i am plugged into the router.  we also use devices on wifi.  some use 2g some 5g and it makes no diference.  all getting about 1mbs.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, that probably rules out wireless limitations or interference. Do you know how to get your power levels? If not, which type of hub do you have?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
hiddenshajo
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

its a superhub 2ac (vmdg490)

all the lights are blue...

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so open your browser and go to http://192.168.0.1. Log in to your router config and click the Router Status button at the top right of the page. Go to both the Upstream and Downstream pages and copy the paste the tables with the power levels here.

0 Kudos
hiddenshajo
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry coldnt do that.  got my neice to call on my behalf yesterday and got told there is a massive fault in the area.  has been for months.  no idea when it will be fixed.  but when i go on to look at serve in the area it says no known problems in my area.  

but fails the test every time.

ive had enough. Smiley Sad  just want what im paying for.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not unusual for known problems not to be on the service status sadly. I've flagged this thread for one of the Virgin staff to review.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya hiddenshajo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know how frustrating this can be.

From checking your connection, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003413120 and has a review date of 3rd May.

Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just at peak hours?

Let me know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos