Menu
rogerthat123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Weird speed upgrade problem...

Dear fellow users,

I've got a really weird issue. Prior to upgrading to the Superhub 3, we were able to maintain a solid 144mb with 10mb upload.

Recently, we've upgraded to the 200mb package and everything seemed to have been going fine. However, I noticed something really weird.

I'm using Superhub 3 Modem mode > TEW-733GR Router. For some reason, even though the TEW-733GR was capable of outputting the full 144mb speed, it can only do 50 mb/s now. Here is the weird part, the upload speed is higher at 12 mb/s.

I'm fairly certain that the new Superhub 3 is somehow limiting the maximum speed per ethernet port. To test this, I've even used Router mode, and low and behold. It only outputs 50 mb/s for each Ethernet port.

Could someone help me?

Thanks!

P.S. I've tried testing download speed via Wireless and Wired on a i7 4770k/GTX 970 Gaming PC, have tried restarting both devices, turned off QoS on the TEW-733GR. I can only get 50 mb/s...

Will I have to buy a new Router? Or is there anything better than the Superhub 3 available at this moment from VM?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weird speed upgrade problem...

So your problems started when you change from a super hub to a hub 3....

Maybe ask to go back to the super hub you had or super hub 2?

The hub 3 has more channels and more problems so you could login to your hub 3 by 192.168.100.1 and post the downstream and upstream and any T# timeouts and logs.

0 Kudos
rogerthat123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weird speed upgrade problem...

Hey how do I do that?

0 Kudos