Menu
LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

WIFI speed slow by night fast by day

Hi guys, my broadband package is 100mb. Wifi speed test at daytime gets 100mb yet when i get home from work during peak hours my wifi speeds just drop and drop until about 5mb. Wired gets 100mb im currently using apple router, mac & iphone. Ive swapped routers, changed wifi channels, only had 1 thing connected to my network to eliminate congestion ect. Ill screen shot my diagnostics, to my knowledge their excellent yet my wifi is sh!te. Any help would be appreciated. The only thing i see abnormal to other people around me is my RSSI is really low, but lower the better they say ?Apple wifi diagnosticsApple wifi diagnostics

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI speed slow by night fast by day

Hi LEESTAR,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area causing intermittent connection and slow speeds - Ref.(F005045593). Our technicians are working to get this sorted as soon as possible and have set a review date of 8th February.

I'll check back with you on the review date to run another diagnostic.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi josh.

Thanks for getting in touch. 6th of feb and still getting 10mb download peak times, hope this gets sorted soon. 3rd month as a customer and my broadband hasnt been right yet, not blaming you but this is poor service. 

Look forward to your reply.Smiley Wink

Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Sorry about this, I can understand how frustrating it must feel!

The network team are still working on this and have extended the review date to 10th February. I'll keep an eye on it and come back to you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi josh,

Thanks for keeping me in the loop buddy. Fingers crossed for the 10th!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

I've checked the network and it looks like the network fault has been resolved.

Let me know if you're still experiencing any issues and I'll check it out for you.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi josh.

12th Feb slow speeds all day so phoned virgin up and the lady said im in a over utilised area. My speed tonight is 10mb wired, been consistent 100mb all week seems Sunday's are a complete let down. Bit disappointed was never told any of this before i signed up, feel no honesty at all for your company. 1 person saying its noise causing the speed issue, when they cant fix it the problem is my area is over populated. Apparently (5 servers) in 04 area don't know the specific word she used but i guess you understand. 2 are new and not been installed supposed to be march but got cancelled, 1 works fine and the other 2 which im supposedly on are over utilised. Can you confirm any of this? like i say its been an utter nightmare since joining, bit of truth would be appreciated.

Thanks Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee,

Sorry again for the on-going trouble with this.

I've checked the network and there does appear to be an issue with peak time speeds again. I've arranged for one of my colleagues to contact you for more information.

All the best

Josh

0 Kudos
LEESTAR
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi josh, 

I had a fix date of the 11th and was phoned by one of your colleagues.

Still the same, please explain to me what the problem is or get somebody with knowledge or guts to tell the truth.

My brother in law had virgin installed today and is getting FULL speeds. He lives in same area code and lives less than 2 miles away.

Am i in a traffic area, do i have noise on the line like i was first told ? Or does anybody have a clue whats happening?

The credit on my account has been updated until the 11th April so i expect the credit to be resumed from now.

The engineer that came to my hous said i have noise on the line, to my face he said that. Whether or not the people could be bothered to find the fault of not or just blame it on traffic who knows?

Id appreciate some truth here please.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning Lee,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for the issues you have been experiencing with your broadband connection.

I've looked into this for you and can see you have had an engineer visit in the meantime, how did this go?

Checking the network/line, I am unable to see any issues with SNR (signal to noise ratio), however there is an issue with high peak time traffic that is affecting your connection and will cause slow broadband speeds. With your brother in-law, he might be in the same area code however he might not be connected to the same cable line as you therefore won't be affected by the same fault.

To discuss this further I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos