Menu
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

WIFI keeps dropping out

I'm having problems with my wifi which doesn't seem to be uncommon reading some of the threads, but I'm not sure where the problems lie.

The last few months have got more and more frustrating with the WIFI dropping out and having to reboot the router (SuperHub 2) ever day in order to restore the connections.

I have c&p the logs which mean nothing to me, but hopefully might shed some light on the problem.

I have tried switching channels, and have now set the channels to auto, but it still happening with increasing frequency.

I    

Downstream Channels Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Rx Power RxMER Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
Locked1203000000 Hz256 QAM6.2 dBmV 36.8 dB11423297
Locked2211000000 Hz256 QAM6.1 dBmV 36.8 dB6621320
Locked3219000000 Hz256 QAM6.0 dBmV 36.8 dB1594318
Locked4227000000 Hz256 QAM5.8 dBmV 36.8 dB21171000
Locked5235000000 Hz256 QAM5.4 dBmV 37.1 dB393292
Locked6243000000 Hz256 QAM5.4 dBmV 37.4 dB313276
Locked7251000000 Hz256 QAM5.7 dBmV 37.4 dB906889
Locked8259000000 Hz256 QAM5.6 dBmV 37.6 dB345285

To reset the Pre and Post RS error counts please use the Downstream screen under the router status screen available from the login page.

Upstream Channels Lock Status Channel ID Frequency Modulation Tx Power Mode Channel Bandwidth Symbol Rate
Locked9031000000 HzATDMA49.5 dBmV64QAM6400000 Hz5120 Ksym/sec
NotLocked00 Hz 0 dBmV  0 Ksym/sec
NotLocked00 Hz 0 dBmV  0 Ksym/sec
Locked9124400000 HzATDMA48.3 dBmV64QAM6400000 Hz5120 Ksym/sec

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIFI keeps dropping out

Hi Markr_swiss

Thanks for confirming your details, I appreciate it.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine, which is good. This issue will be caused by wireless interference.

Can you try to change the names of both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz to something different from each other including the password. You may have to complete a factory reset.

At the moment the channel settings are both on AUTO, you can try a programme called inSSIDer to check the other networks in your area and what channels they are broadcasting on so you can put yours on a better channel.

Also try to change the security to WPA PSK AES.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WIFI keeps dropping out - UPDATED due to low wireless speed from hub

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I appreciate all the checks that you have completed so far, however too no avail. I think the next step will be to send you a replacement router which you should receive within the next few days to help with this issue. You will need to call through to us for activation. Just a reminder that the wireless settings will be different, however it will be written underneath the router or you can set this yourself, which is fine.

Let me know how you get on with the new router

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markr_swiss

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you're having issues with intermittent wireless connection.

I can see from your other post in TV Anywhere in regards to your wireless extender. Are you still experiencing disconnections through the wireless? Have you tried to connect direct to the Super Hub's wireless network to see if you get the same issue?

As I was unable to locate your account to check your connection for any issues, if you are still experiencing the same issue, I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes the extender is already switched off due to the TV anywhere problem, so we are only using the HUB wireless signal. I have tried changing the channel, and the speed of the 5G frequency to see if that will help but it still drops out.

I have replied to your message with the account info.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Markr_swiss

Thanks for confirming your details, I appreciate it.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine, which is good. This issue will be caused by wireless interference.

Can you try to change the names of both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz to something different from each other including the password. You may have to complete a factory reset.

At the moment the channel settings are both on AUTO, you can try a programme called inSSIDer to check the other networks in your area and what channels they are broadcasting on so you can put yours on a better channel.

Also try to change the security to WPA PSK AES.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Things are looking better, I have made all the changes:

• changed the SSID for 2.4 & 5ghz networks to something different.
  • dropped the speed of the 5ghz network
  • Used inssider to change 2.4ghz network to channel 6 as it seems no one else is using that.
  • changed the security to WPA PSK AES

Hopefully, while it means we lose the speed of the 5ghz network, at least things seem more stable.

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

3 months on and while things are more stable, the wireless speed is not as it should be from the hub. I get between 8-20mb from the hub now and nothing in the other side of the house from the router. I have now been changed to the 70mb service but i cannot get this from the hub. To fix the issue of the dead zone on the other side of the house I bought a devolo dlan 1200 wifi powerline kit. This has worked a treat and I now get 70mb on the other side of the house, but shows the hub isn't performing as it should.

What do I need to do to get the router to deliver the full 70mb?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Mark

Hope all is well. Thanks for getting back in touch. It's nice to have you back here.

I'm glad that the wireless connection is much better and my apologies that you are now having issues with the broadband speeds.

Have you tried a speed test direct to the Super Hub through a wired connection to see if you get 70 Mbps?

I checked your connection, for any issues and everything is fine. There are no issues apparent on the network.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

I have tried a hardwired speedtest and I achieve 72Mbps, a wireless speedtest straight  afterwards only gives 21Mbps. I have checked inssider and there are no overlaps.

I get 69Mbps from the devolo wireless powerline, so there is definitely something wrong with the hub.

What should I do to get this fixed?

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply and completing the tests, I appreciate it.

With the wireless speed tests you completed, was that on the 2.4 GHz or the 5 GHz network?

Do all devices get the same speed or do they differ?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

that is on the 5ghz frequency. All devices are the same (ipad + laptop).

0 Kudos