Menu
richm1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIFI issues - Lenovo Ideapad 100 laptop

I have just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 100 laptop.

I can connect to other wireless networks fine but not my Virgin Superhub connection. Other laptops connect straight to this connection, after entering key.

The issue appears to be a compatibility issue with Virgin Super hub and the laptop.        

Any help would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
greyilocks
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI issues - Lenovo Ideapad 100 laptop

I probably have exactly the same issue. Everything else I have connects to this hub fine, the Lenovo connects to other wifi hubs fine, so some kind of incompatibility. Pressing the WPS key didn't seem to work, either.

0 Kudos
greyilocks
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The WPS didn't work because I'd disabled it, for security? Doh! 

Here's what I did to enable it ... you might not have disabled it, so you could skip ahead in that case.

Connect a PC to the router using an ethernet cable, and connect to http://192.168.0.1/VmLogin.html. You should have changed the administrator password, but if you haven't then it's written on the bottom of the router, and you should change it.

Once you've logged in, click on Advanced Settings, and click on "Yes, I'm sure".

Click on WPS Settings (the last item in the top section, Wireless), click on 'Enable WPS', and click on 'Apply'.

Okay, so now WPS is enabled, we need to use it. Press the WPS button on the front of the router for 6-8 seconds. The yellow light flashed on mine after I'd let go.

Now try to connect the Lenovo to your Virgin network within the next 1-2 minutes. It will say something like 'transferring network settings', and log in (well, mine did).

Technically, it's said that from now on the laptop will just connect automatically, as it has the settings. I would like to know why I couldn't have just entered the passphrase like on every other device.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-connect-windows-10-devices-wireless-networks-using-wps

pabx
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A good lead to fix a similar problem - fixed by extending "wireless signal" in advanced setting by selecting wifi range settings to 20/40MHz on 2.4GHz and 20/40/80 on 5GHz

Immediately appeared in wifi on laptop.

On accessing the router it did say WPS error.

0 Kudos