Menu
PERBI1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Keeps Dropping Out

Hi

For the past 6 months my wifi keeps dropping that it impacts me working from home as cuts my off lync calls and my network. It also now happens to my lodger so something wrong with the wifi itself. I have done status checks and apparently nothing wrong!

I contacted virgin today to offer me at charge at HUB 3 which not sure resolves the issues so declined

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Keeps Dropping Out

Could be local interference from a neighbour's Wi-Fi or a domestic appliance.  Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel? ... video tutorial at top of this forum.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
PERBI1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, i tried to connecting to my super hub url on back of hub to login and change channel and is saying page cannot display....

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PERBI1 wrote:

Thanks Dave, i tried to connecting to my super hub url on back of hub to login and change channel and is saying page cannot display....

That's odd.  Assuming the hub is still in router mode the URL should be 192.168.0.1

If you had it in modem mode it would be 192.168.100.1

Electron
0 Kudos
PERBI1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Restarted it and then the log in page appeared so managed to sign in and moved to 5GHZ wireless band setting which moved to auto compatibility on channels...hope this is ok and resolves performance issues Smiley Happy

As you seem to be a man in the know Smiley Happy when i had virgin installed, the cables came from outside and then put two boxes near my tv, the phone one which my phone connects to and cable one my tv connects too. Do you know if i was to leave virgin if this phone line will still be usable with other providers or dedicated to virgin cables? I have a picture of it if would help...sorry to bother you

Thanks

Amy

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PERBI1 wrote:

Hi Dave

Restarted it and then the log in page appeared so managed to sign in and moved to 5GHZ wireless band setting which moved to auto compatibility on channels...hope this is ok and resolves performance issues Smiley Happy

As you seem to be a man in the know Smiley Happy when i had virgin installed, the cables came from outside and then put two boxes near my tv, the phone one which my phone connects to and cable one my tv connects too. Do you know if i was to leave virgin if this phone line will still be usable with other providers or dedicated to virgin cables? I have a picture of it if would help...sorry to bother you

Thanks

Amy

Hi Amy,

The cable installation including the phone is unique to Virgin Media ... it cannot be used by any other providers ... they all use the BT / Openreach telephone line to provide services.  Two totally different methods of providing a service.

Electron
0 Kudos
PERBI1
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding so quickly Dave...thought that might be the case have been thinking of leaving a while due to the poor wireless (hopefully fixed now) and price increases but only phone line I have in lounge is theirs and I need one for other tv am broadband services it seems Smiley Sad
0 Kudos