Menu
Q84
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vodafone Sure Signal with Hub 3 Not Picking Up

Hi

All I've just moved to Virgin over the weekend, but having an issue with my Vodafone Sure Signal V3 device, which stopped working at the point of switchover.

Initial investigations suggest the hub is having an issue recognising/communicating with the device (internally - picking up the mac address and giving it a 192.168.0.X address). It definitely gets a connection as the ethernet cable has a light on the back of the hub.

Tried the usual, different ports, different cables which I know work fine, but just this device is not populating in the connected device page.

I spoke with the support team over the phone and to be honest they were basicaly 'plug in and out, if this does not work sorry we cannot do anything'.. seriously? that is the level of support vodafone provide?

Well either way i was wondering if anyone else has had an issue connecting their Sure Signal device, as I am sure there must be many others using Vodafones Sure Signal to improve their reception in a room or two.

Appreciate any advice or help, as it would be a bummer if this device doesn't work.

Q84

0 Kudos
Q84
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal with Hub 3 Not Picking Up

Sorry I meant it's not picking up the MAC address in devices connected but its connected and deffinitly sending data.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Q84, 

Thank you for choosing to join us here at Virgin Media, and also for becoming a part of our ever expanding forum community! It's great to see so many new faces helping out around here.

Before we start scratching our heads trying to figure out the cause of your issues, I was wondering how you got on with J0hn's helpful link (message 3)? A brief test of your connection seems to indicate that the Vodafone Sure Signal is connected to your Hub, so I'm hoping that you've managed to resolve things, is this the case?

Please let us know so we can assist you further if need be.

In the meantime, you may find these links helpful:

Optimising your wireless network.

Changing the wireless channels.

I look forward to your response, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos