Menu
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Vivid is Rubbish

Hi 

I have had vivid 200mb broadband since June (I believe) & the experience has been terrible ever since. 

Constant issues are 

Complete loss of service on numerous occasions 

Speeds nowhere near the "advertised" 200mb 

Spending time ringing Customer services, having to re-explain things again and again 

When I originally got the new hub, there were issues so a technician came to my house & replaced the Hub. He checked all the connections were fine & found out that the issue was with the network in the area - he promised that the network team would look into it.

I have called in the months since & been told that it was an issue & would be fixed in July then again in August etc.. 

I eventually spoke to your one & only helpful customer service agent from the swansea call centre who adv that there was an issue on my line (affecting 180 customers) he got me to run numerous tests on the apps & my speeds are 49mb at best - he said to check back in a week to see if things had improved. 

I did and the guy ran more tests & at one point it was 8mb (imagine the shock on usain bolts face if he knew that). I asked to be passed to complaints the complaints team as I wanted something done & he transferred me over to the leave team (they have reduced my plan for the next 9 months) so at least I'm paying less. 

The reason i'm sending this is that I can no longer be bothered to ring you & be fobbed off again & I would like some sort of resolution. 

If you would like my account details they are 

Also if anyone does actually get back to me, i would also like to discuss my mothers account with you (thats a whole different ball game).

Kind Regards

john 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid is Rubbish

Hi John,

Thanks for posting on the community. It's nice to have you here.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I would like to check your connection in more detail, however the Super Hub is showing as offline and not polling any data? Is the router turned off as not in use? If you can let me know when you are back online that will be great.

In the meantime, I do appreciate all the tests you have completed so far, just for my understanding, are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? Do you notice these speeds at any time of the day or just at certain times?

If you would like me to check your mothers account, by all means send me her details in a PM please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The reason that the router seems to be switched off, is the fact that it is switched off. The wifi has not been working in my house since Monday (I'm currently tethering my Iphone to reply from my pc to your message). I'm lucky as I have a very good data plan (not with yourselves) 

I rang your customer services on Friday night & ran some different tests & was told that there was an issue my end & the only resolution would be to get a technician out this coming Tuesday to resolve this (my wife now has to change her plans to be in the house), by the sounds of it you either don't have access to that system or your agents don't record notes from customer contact? 

You can imagine my frustration at having been told the issue is something else to what I have been told (fobbed off) by over the last 6 months, the amount of time wasted ringing customer services has been a pain (but no doubt you've heard all of this before). 

I was guaranteed that after Tuesday my issues will have been resolved (I seriously have my doubts) however will give your engineer their chance, in the meantime I would like compensated for this & not just a few quid for the loss of service. My main gripes are listed below. 

- constant loss of internet connection for 6 months

- Wasted time & money ringing customer services (mis-information etc etc)

- my wife (who has a mobile contract with you) has now used all of her data (this doesn't reset till 6th Dec) 

I've no doubt nothing will be done, as you have my business & I even if I leave, another person will take my place & is going to sky or BT the lesser of two evils? 

I can't even be bothered to go into the issues on my mams account, this will just be closed in due course as life is too short wasting time with your CS team. I just want the service I pay for to work. 

I will look forward to your reply 

Kind Regards

John 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya John,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late response.

How did the engineer appointment go? Has there been an improvement with the broadband connection at all?

I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. If you are still having the same issues, let me know and I will check this over for you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam 

Thanks for getting back to (a week seems to be the standard reply by most businesses these days)

The Engineer could not resolve the issue on the night (even though I was guaranteed it would be, by one of your so called customer service agents) the issue was with the network outside (shock) the same issue that was originally reported months ago & the same issue I have been telling your customer service agents every time I call. 

It was fixed the next day, and the internet is working - however I must note "no where" near your advertised 200mb (again I was guaranteed with an ethernet cable connected to the hub I would get 200mb).wifi is around 47-51mb (luckily I don't have 50 people coming round for a house party this weekend). Look I know its "up to" & even I laughed about being guaranteed something related to a network service provider.

I note that you have ignored my request for some form of compensation for

lack of service

Lies by customer service agents

Time spent ringing your customer service

Data my wife had to use for no wifi

But as I mentioned in my last response, I pretty much knew that would be the case

so as well as death & taxes, bad customer service from virgin is a "guarantee" in life

Speak to you in a week

John  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad to hear that the broadband is working, however you are not achieving the up to 200 Mbps speeds.

What speeds are you achieving through a wired connection? Does the PC/laptop show a gigabit LAN card and are you using a Cat 5e or above Ethernet cable?

In regards to compensation, I am unable to do this for you I'm afraid. You can call through to us on either 150 free from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam 

Thanks for your speedy reply. 

I will test my wired connection when I am back home this weekend, the ethernet cable was supplied by yourselves & I'm sure its cat 5 or above (although these are starting to sound like "get out clauses") will virgin send me a cat5 ethernet cable for free if it turns out I don't have one? 

what about the wireless signal I am only getting a quarter of what I'm paying for? 

My wife has been given some free data which I thank you for (I'm guessing something was done your end) however I cannot be bothered to waste anymore of my precious time phoning your "so called help line" to have to re-explain my case.

So I'm sure you can pass a message on for me & help redeem my faith in virgin media's customer service.

Kind Regards

John 

0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Please allow me to retract my thanks about the data my wife received.

It turns out she had to ring & sort this herself. (I must have been delerious to think that Virgin would act of their own back)

Over to you
John
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Evening Bungomaxo,

I appreciate you posting back here.

I've taken a look at your line and the upstream power levels are locked onto one channel and running too high at 55 dBmV. As this can have an impact on your connection, I would like to arrange for an engineer to check this for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos