Menu
fincle1987
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 100 Modem Modem dropping connection

Hi 

I have raised a similar post in the past I'm experiencing constant drops using the hub 3 in modem mode.

IM using a draytek 2860 

If tech can pick this up and advise further 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 100 Modem Modem dropping connection

ask for a SH2 if they say no then ask for a SH1 and drop in speed.

The rate this is going to be fixed in the hub 3 the hub 4 will be out!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi fincle1987, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that your having troubles with your modem dropping connection, I can appreciate you may be annoyed by this so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have checked things over from here and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too low. An engineer will be required to visit and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fincle1987
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry for the late reply,  Is there a known problem of this sort , With Sh3 ?

0 Kudos
fincle1987
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam I have replied awaiting your response ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning fincle1987

Apologies for the late reply. I hope you don't mind me picking this up as Adam is out of the office.

There is a known issue with the Hub 3.0 disconnecting through modem mode which we are aware of.

Have you tried the Hub 3.0 in router mode to see if that will improve the connection for you?

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fincle1987
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Has this issue been rectified with Modem mode disconnecting with the Hub 3.0, Firmware upgrade or different model ?

Sorry I have not been able to pick up on this but I still have periodic drops once a week or more ?

Many Thanks

Ray Fletcher

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ray Fletcher, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I have run some tests on the connection from here for you and everything looks great, no errors or time outs inside the logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fincle1987
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam 

The Wan port on My draytek goes idle I have to physically remove the cable from the Wan port and plug back in for it to renegotiate.

Looking through the forums it suggests there is known issue with the hub 3 in modem mode ?

I would need to log in with 192.168.100.1 seeing as I'm using the hub in modem mode, right ?

Thanks

Ray

Adam_L wrote:

Hi Ray Fletcher, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I have run some tests on the connection from here for you and everything looks great, no errors or time outs inside the logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still experiencing these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'Router Status' click there and all the information needed is inside.

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello fincle1987

We did have a problem with the hub 3 in modem only mode frequently dropping the connection but it was fixed in a firmware update. I have just checked and you are on the latest firmware. At the moment the hub and line stats all looking good, showing continuously online for the last 2 days by the way. The area historical data also looking good, low traffic and no SNR problems. 

As you mention to find the log in modem only mode it is 192.168.100.1  just click on "> check router status" in the middle of the screen.

Not sure why the draytek Ethernet port goes idle, does it have the latest firmware? I know it sounds basic but is it worth trying another Ethernet lead or device in the hub to see how it goes.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos