Menu
dionshorts
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin wireless hub - printer problems

Hi - have spent some time looking at user guides, old message board posts etc but making no progress. 

We used ot have BT Boradband and ran our wireless printer from that without any issues - we could print wirelessly from our iphones, ipads and mac laptops. Having moved over to Virgin Media we can at best print once when you turn the printer off and on again but usually not at all. 

Is there a security setting perhaps on Virgin media wireless hubs that is creating this issue - I have reinstalled the drivers and even got a new printer but the same problem persists. 

The printer we are trying to get to work on wireless is a Brother - MFC - J532ODW 

If anyone has any ideas at all I would be forever grateful. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin wireless hub - printer problems

No idea if this would work but you could try assigning a permanent IP address to the printer's MAC address in the Hub settings.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
danieloverton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you using AirPrint when the problem occurs? AirPrint doesn't work through my SH3 either. Tried going through support but that doesn't work. Telephone had no idea and twitter sent me here. It appears from old posts to have been a fault that was supposedly written out in a firmware update but I'm not so sure.
0 Kudos
MailUser
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Try wading through this post which has fixes ( workarounds)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/AirPrint-not-working-on-Superhub-3-based-sys...

For the brother printer try enabling IPv6 in the wireless network options of the printer

0 Kudos