Menu
Reply
  • 9
  • 0
  • 1
Kido89
Tuning in
1,384 Views
Message 31 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware

On 9.06 I spoke with  manager of tech support and he ensured me that they will roll out update TODAY 29.06.2017 but nothing happened so I made a call today and  spoke with 2nd line tech support manager  about firmware update and he told me that they plan to roll out it at the end of AUGUST.
I really losing hope now it's 3rd "official" date already. Now I just cross my finger that change to Superhub 2ac which I was offered will work.

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 503
  • 9
  • 130
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
1,361 Views
Message 32 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware


Kido89 wrote:

On 9.06 I spoke with  manager of tech support and he ensured me that they will roll out update TODAY 29.06.2017 but nothing happened so I made a call today and  spoke with 2nd line tech support manager  about firmware update and he told me that they plan to roll out it at the end of AUGUST.
I really losing hope now it's 3rd "official" date already. Now I just cross my finger that change to Superhub 2ac which I was offered will work.


Are you talking about a new firmware for the hub 3? If you are, I can assure you that there is no firmware in the pipeline with any official release dates. Heck, there isn't even a firmware in any trial capacity yet.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
  • 22
  • 0
  • 7
astrohominis
On our wavelength
1,337 Views
Message 33 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware

 


Butler85 wrote:
Are you talking about a new firmware for the hub 3? If you are, I can assure you that there is no firmware in the pipeline with any official release dates. Heck, there isn't even a firmware in any trial capacity yet.

You may be 100% correct. This is sort of confusing though...

On the June 20 update (scroll down):
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-prep-firmware-fix-superhub-3-latency-packe...

Last week we asked for an update on the Intel Puma 6 latency fix for Virgin Media’s SuperHub 3 (aka – Hub 3.0) routers and were told that the field trials of a new firmware update are due to “begin shortly“. Sadly we don’t know any more than that.

 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 503
  • 9
  • 130
Guybrush85
Fibre optic
1,327 Views
Message 34 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware


astrohominis wrote:

 


Butler85 wrote:
Are you talking about a new firmware for the hub 3? If you are, I can assure you that there is no firmware in the pipeline with any official release dates. Heck, there isn't even a firmware in any trial capacity yet.

You may be 100% correct. This is sort of confusing though...

On the June 20 update (scroll down):
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-prep-firmware-fix-superhub-3-latency-packe...

Last week we asked for an update on the Intel Puma 6 latency fix for Virgin Media’s SuperHub 3 (aka – Hub 3.0) routers and were told that the field trials of a new firmware update are due to “begin shortly“. Sadly we don’t know any more than that.

 


Problem with any of these 3rd party sources is... What name is behind any of these official VM statements? I wouldn't say it was uncommon (which is a polite as I can put this), for someone to speak to 2 people within Virgin Media and hear 2 completely different stories. I struggle taking things as gospel when they on Virgin Media pages themselves, never mind anything else. 

Until there is anything official, I'm taking it all with a large pinch of salt.

--------------------------------------------------------
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joebulb74
Tuning in
1,218 Views
Message 35 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware

Hi guys mine is CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.23-4-GA-NOSH is this up to date???
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 20.52K
  • 541
  • 3.16K
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
1,212 Views
Message 36 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware


Joebulb74 wrote:
Hi guys mine is CH7465LG-NCIP-4.50.18.23-4-GA-NOSH is this up to date???

If you are not in the UK (like Eire) then we can't help you as the Hub 3 in Eire is from Compal not Arris.

 

 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 7
  • 0
  • 0
Joebulb74
Tuning in
1,205 Views
Message 37 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware

But there is nothing like this in Ireland 🇮🇪 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ No community 😭😭😭😭
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 20.52K
  • 541
  • 3.16K
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
1,199 Views
Message 38 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware


Joebulb74 wrote:
But there is nothing like this in Ireland 🇮🇪 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ No community 😭😭😭😭

Yes there is. 

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

 

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 5
  • 0
  • 0
EricDude
Joining in
1,135 Views
Message 39 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin super hub 3 firmware

Hi, I've got a Superb 3 and its on 9.1.88T, still got issues with port forwarding, after 5 calls the other day to VM they finally sent me a new one and guess what the same software version, it doesn't want to update no matter how many times I re-boot it, and ideas? or do I need yet another hub 3. ;-( 

0 Kudos
Reply