Menu
sakins
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media SuperHub 2ac disconnection problems

Hi, having a problem with my SuperHub 2ac.

I usually have 2phones, TV and a laptop or 2 connected to it. I don't have regular problems on phones or TV (they use 5Ghz signal), but both of laptops that are older and have only 2.4Ghz connection are constantly getting disconnected

It happens all the time and the connection is lost. I reconnect and it's gone in the next minute again. And so on and on. Sometimes it works fine for a while, sometimes it's gone as soon as I try to load a page on google chrome. I might be wrong, but I think it tends to get worse on weekends, afternoons and this holiday period in general. I recently moved to a new home in the same area, but these disconnects happened in the old home as well. It's been happening for almost a year, but gotten worst in the past months.

I'm in PE29 area

I have tried to change the 2.4Ghz channel in settings and it seemed to be fine for a few hours or so and then the problem came back again. I just changed the channel again just to have enough time to post this message. 

I added a video of how it keeps disconnecting while a P2P torrent client is used. 

0 Kudos
CostDetective
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media SuperHub 2ac disconnection problems

Having same problems here, ever since getting the Superhubac the 2ghz channel now drops our wireless devices 4 or 5 times a day!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media SuperHub 2ac disconnection problems

Hey sakins,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your wireless problems. I've tried to look into this for you, but I can't find your account info.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your details.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos