Menu
gavinbo1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media Facebook sent me here, question is below

Having really issues connecting a Samsung j3 2016 to verdin broadband. Having to keep calling you up to get it connected. It's not the phone, as it works in other houses and other wifi zones. But not on this one. When I do call up they fix it, but 30 mins later it drops off and doesn't work! It's not the phone so what's the issue when you fix it your end. Thinking about getting sky as it's costing more on my data than it would just to cancel virgin! Please advise!
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin media Facebook sent me here, question is below

A very peculiar problem, erm the only thing I can think of is a stray power saving function going wrong, a lot of technology uses MIMO technology which can save power by adjusting power levels and transfer rates especially when a device is idle, one thing I would consider doing is making your device forget your virgin connection and reconnecting with fresh details, it might actually be worth changing the SSID network names of your 2.4ghz and 5ghz network to see if perhaps the device is conflicting between the two (when they are both the same name I have witnessed this happen), although I would keep an eye on this thread in case someone with a bit more experience lends a hand Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
gavinbo1979
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. How do I change the ssid names? I have already done the "forget network" and reset up. Still the same.
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Erm, which hub do you have? Sorry I never asked that question
0 Kudos
gavinbo1979
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If its the new hub 3 login to the router if I remember correctly it uses 192.168.0.1 and the password is written on the router, go to advanced wifi settings it should let you changed the SSID's in that menu, forgive me I haven't had a hub3 for 4 months now so i'm forgetful about its menu
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If I remember correctly the superhub 2 only had a choice of 2.4 and 5ghz individually it couldn't do both, if you have the superhub 2ac then you can login and change the settings for both channels as I described, if it is just the sh2 select the 2.4ghz option and 150mbps, if i remember correctly it was very buggy when it attempted to do 300mbps that are in the options
0 Kudos
gavinbo1979
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much. Without sounding like a complete loser..... how do I login to the router?
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Open internet explorer or whatever browser you use and type into the url address 192.168.0.1
0 Kudos
gavinbo1979
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great, I will give that a go, and let you know how i get on
0 Kudos