Menu
Pablo247
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin hub 3.0 installing problem

I've been sent the 3.0 hub after the letter telling me my wifi won't work without it. My problem is my old wifi router (not a Virgin Media router - one I bought myself) is plugged into my pc. My pc doesn't work anymore so how can I install the new router and log in to change the wifi password without a pc to log into?

Knowledge level = very basic
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin hub 3.0 installing problem

Hi Pablo247,

I have tried to locate your modem from here but it looks like you've already had the Hub 3 activated as your modem is no longer linked to an account.

I'm hoping the activation went through smoothly and that your original query is now redundant.

But, just in case it's not, please don't worry.

The Hub will be activated whether you are able to connect to it or not. And you can connect a different device wirelessly - iPhone, iPad, tablet, android etc.

The Hub will have a default wireless password and, once you've connected to it, you can change it, if you wish.

Below are some links to our help articles which should be useful for you (just click on the Hub 3 icon):

I'd like to add that if you would like to continue using your own wireless router then you can do so.

Your Hub 3 can be effectively turned into a modem, see link below:

I hope this helps and please, if you do need any further assistance, just post on here and we'll be happy to get in touch Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Pablo247
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin hub 3.0 installing problem

Hi. Thank you. I managed to install the hub today. I'd like to thank the team for all their help and how simple they made the instructions
0 Kudos