Menu
DBlake
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Wi Fi Rubbish Rubbish rubbish

Hi,

I have had Virgin wifi for around 6 months (new customer) and with all due respect it is totally and completely useless!!! In my lounge where the box is it is perfect, step outside that room, what wifi?

I have done the online tests 3 times, phoned your helpline at least 3 times and even tried a new box (Which you threatened to charge me for if I didn't send back, not at all interested if the new box worked or not) none have improved the situation. Please don't give me the thickness of the walls argument, which your helpline tried to fob me off with, I previously had Sky & BT both brilliant and they both worked perfectly all over the house both inside and out.

I have even purchased a booster for my son's bedroom (at my expense) for his play station but that didn't improve the situation either. (He is now in the dining room next to the lounge where he get's the amazing total of one bar!)

Can't cancel because you would hand my account to a debt collection agency, stuck with this absolute rubbish for about another 12 months! Then I will be out, back to a broadband company that deliver on promises.

Paying for a service I don't get, really really unhappy!!

Very poor customer service, the worst I have experienced and judging by this forum I'm not the first to have the same experience.

Dean

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Wi Fi Rubbish Rubbish rubbish

Many people don't like the wireless but you can get your own or if you really don't like that option you can ask for a different super hub / hub maybe at a cost. Broadband could be viewed as a wired connection so wireless is a option but not as part of your service.

Wireless booster are not that good but if the one you have can run in AP mode you can wire it up to the super hub and disable the super hub wireless and just use router mode with a AP or you can get your own router for modem mode.

0 Kudos
DBlake
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

From th bits of the email that were in plain speak not tech talk I think you agree your wifi is rubbish. I do have, I am led to believe, the latest super hub and as stated previously it stil won't send a signal across the house.

The diagram revealed when you clicked on the word better in your email meant nothing to me? So am to understand from your email you will deduct the cost of broadband/wifi from my monthly bill and I can get my Internet from either Sky or BT, (they supply wifi that works with no excuses) that would be a result and would show me you are serious about customer service.

Didn't see wifi is an option and not part of the service in your marketing? Surely customers should be informed?

Dean

0 Kudos
DBlake
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Oh and getting badges just no wifi 😂 you couldn't make this up 😂 #priceless
0 Kudos
DBlake
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

So is this the level of your customer service? No reply to my last two posts?

Dean

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You haven't had a reply from VM yet. The response to your post from another usr because this is a community forum where users help other users to solve their issues. I'm not a wifi expert. Mine works fine. But you may find these guides helpful in resolving your issues:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Getting-the-best-Wireless-Network-Signal...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Getting-a-better-Wireless-Network-Signal...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
DBlake
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hey there DBlake,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Apologies for not getting to you sooner.

How are you getting on following the advice you received above? Has this helped?

Please get back to us if you need further support.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bobgarb
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

all of the superhubs have rubbish Wi Fi, best to get a decent router and put the "Not SO Super Hub" into plain old Modem Mode!

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I use Powerline adaptors to punt WiFi through the house.

Without actually touching your system, I can't judge what effect your house is having on the signal (I'm a WiFi professional among other network disciplines). Just a few inches of relocation of the router can screw up signal penetration.

My Hub 3 performs reasonably well across the house (ground floor & first floor); but I don't like 2 bars or less upstairs, hence the Powerline adaptors. If WiFi is important, that's what I recommend you do.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos