Menu
ScottFothergill
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Technician Call out

This is unbelievable, Called virgin to arrange a technician to fix a problem we are having with the router, wireless is working but all wired connections are broken and the wires refuse to be removed from the router (An odd problem i know) arranged for the technician to arrive the next day, he never showed up, called up to find out why not, it was automatically cancelled as it showed our service was working (it was, the wireless was working but wired was not) arranged a second, called up, same thing again tried for a THIRD time once again no show must have been automatically cancelled as we have service, but thats not the best part it's charged us £70 FOR EACH CALL OUT! THATS A BILL OF £210 FOR NO SERVICE! HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH THAT? please advise.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Technician Call out

Virgin don't charge for call outs
0 Kudos
ScottFothergill
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you 100% sure? I haven't seen the bill with my own eyes because i'm not the account holder, but it seems pretty unlikely he would make this up

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

as said VM do not charge for call outs missed or otherwise - are you sure it is/was VM - afaik £70 is about what sky charge

Tony
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ScottFothergill wrote:

Are you 100% sure? I haven't seen the bill with my own eyes because i'm not the account holder, but it seems pretty unlikely he would make this up

jb66 is  correct.  Virgin Media do not charge to come out to a technical fault.  They will usually make a charge if you have ordered an installation to be changed like a broadband cable to be re-routed into another room and then the charge is a standard £99 not £70.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
ScottFothergill
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then I am incredibly confused, there is no possible way my house mate could be bullshitting me, I don't even think he knew the technician was arranged to come out on three occasions   so when he said there's been a £210 charge for three call outs at £70 each there's no way that A) he would have motive to lie or B) Knew there had been 3 failed attempts so now I am completely bewildered having this many people tell me they don't charge for technician call outs.

0 Kudos