Menu
Wh1t3D3v1l
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Superhub 3.0 Wifi Light constantly flashing!

Hi,

My wifi signal has been slow at time, but my wifi light has been flashing round the clock for around a month now. I read on another post that there was high power levels reported once someone looked into this. I've tried a reboot and a reset and all sorts but its still doing it.

Is there a fix for this as it obviously shouldnt be doing it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Superhub 3.0 Wifi Light constantly flashing!

Hello Wh1t3D3v1l

Welcome to our forum and community. Sorry we were a bit slow getting here. I wonder what is going on with your  wireless light. I have ordered you a new hub to try, please allow a few days and read the accompanying instructions to activate it. It will be interesting to see if it fixes the problem or whether something else is causing it. Please let us know.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also, search on the topic. It has been explained several times (to do with WPS).

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Wh1t3D3v1l
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou Nicola I have only just seen this message as I have received the modem today.

But I was late seeing your reply and since then the light has stopped flashing. What do I do with this one that you sent me?

Cheers
0 Kudos
Wh1t3D3v1l
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I suppose when it stopped I never bothered checking back here and presumed you resolved it your end from my post Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They resolved nothing from their end. It can happen again for the reasons explained in other threads on the subject.

0 Kudos
Wh1t3D3v1l
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Im choosing to ignore your comments Steph as they are of no help what so ever. I had read many other topics and read it could be high power issues, hardware related issues, firmware etc.

But never really came to any conclusion, so your advice of read other threads on both comments doesn't really help does it, because a resolution was never reached.

I could post 'read other threads on the same subject to' doesn't really help does it
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You are right (and I've said this a couple of posts before), VM have not yet provided a resolution to the root cause of the WiFi light flashing yet WiFi is working.

The reason the WiFi light flashes is known, though not documented by VM for users. This has been explained in the other threads that you say you have read.

Specifically, in the case where the light flashes and WiFi continues working, it has been narrowed down to WPS kicking in for no explained reason. That needs fixing and we all note VM's silence on the subject.

As to Power Levels causing this particular phenomenon, that's rather far-fetched. Power levels outside of the recommended range can destroy the total service - in which case the WiFi light would indeed flash along with other lamps turning green or whatever the reset status is on the Hub 3.

Anyway, do please ignore me as I definitely can't resolve the issue. Nor can VM, yet.

0 Kudos
Wh1t3D3v1l
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That was 10x more helpful, there wasn't a full resolution. But why didn't you reply with this in the first posted. Thankyou for explaining, and shame on VM for not 'resolving' issues and just sending new modems out. But it probably is cheaper to send a new modem rather than send an engineer.

Thankyou all