Menu
Julian88
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Network Problems in London - update please

Getting high pings across all connections at the moment and large packet loss - looks to be starting on the Virgin network - any updates please as to when this will be fixed?

d71795b03928f575c92b8f31e30f977b

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Network Problems in London - update please

I'm in area 03, SE London. Hub started playing up last night - cycle of updating & re-booting. Noticed on service update that engineers were working on the problem, due to be fixed by 3pm today. Watching & waiting! Every time this happens I use up do much of my mobile data allowance.
Always learning!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julian88,

Sorry to hear you're seeing high latency, I've just checked your connection and can see that you are affected by contention fault F003608406. This is caused by too much traffic over the local node at peak times and is currently estimated for review 29/03/17.

This will only affect you at peak times when traffic is heavy, are you getting this high latency at all times or only in the evenings? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
hdd
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. There's no pattern. I had my V6 installed today (keeping TiVo) & the wonderful engineer put a boost in. So far, everything's.........I'm not going to tempt fate. My power lines are up & I've transferred my content. Takes about 30 minutes or so. 

I know the problem connection problem isn't with my hub because my phone & laptop can always connect to it but something is stopping the hub connecting to the outside. I do wonder about the overloaded cable cabinet down the road that I'm connected to & if that's part of the problem. When it's reviewed will someone talk to the engineers that visit this area? They are the ones who are on the frontline. I'm more than happy to answer any questions about the service my immediate area gets.

Always learning!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey hdd,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Yes when the fault ticket is reviewed the engineers that are on the job will provide a progress update that we can pass over to you then.

Please bump this thread on or after the review date and we will be in touch.

Thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos