Menu
davorg
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Wifi App on Amazon Fire Tablet

I've just bought myself a replacement tablet. It's an Amazon Fire 8 HD. The Amazon Fire tablets run Fire OS which is a modified version of Android 5.

By default, these tablets don't have the Google Play Store installed. Amazon want you to download apps through their own Amazon App Store. The Amazon App Store doesn't have the Virgin Media Wifi App available. But it does have the TV Anywhere App - so people at VM are sending apps to the Amazon App Store.

I've recently found the Wifi app really useful on my (Android) phone and my previous (Android) tablet. It's great to automatically connect to Virgin Media Wifi on my daily tube journeys.

So I was wondering if there were any plans to make the Wifi App available in the Amazon App Store.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Morning davorg,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I appreciate your query in regards to the Virgin Media Wifi App and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

At the moment the app is only available through the App Store on iOS devices and Google Play on Android. If in the future we do make this available on the Amazon App Store we will create a thread to let you know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi App on Amazon Fire Tablet

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the reply. I've since learned that it's possible to install the Google Play Store on the Fire Tablet. So I'll probably do that.

Given that FireOS is based on Android 5 - will the Wifi App be compatible with it?

Cheers,

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos