Menu
Bert2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Wifi App - no connection

Hello,

I recently discovered that I was eligible for the Virgin Media Wifi app (I'm a broadband client). I downloaded the app onto my Oneplus3 (Android 7.0) and set it up with my Virigin Media account info while being on my home network. I got a confirmation message stating I had successfully completed the installation and that I now have automatic access to Virgin Media Wifi.

However, the app is not automatically connecting to any networks at all. I tested it in Leeds city center with several networks such as 'Virgin Media', '_The Cloud x' and 'arq_wifi_x' available in the area. This was right next to a hotspot shown on the app map as well. The Wifi sign on the map window was yellow and saying "Connected to <unknown SSID>."

I checked my broadband account settings which confirmed I am opt in for this service.

Any ideas on how to get the app working? Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi App - no connection

Hello Bert2,

Thanks for joining our community Smiley Very Happy

I appreciate you posting here for help and support. We've got loads of info on our WiFi app on our webpage here. Any news on WiFi Buddy will be added on here.

Thanks again for posting, let us know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Wifi App - no connection

For once, the link to a help file contained something useful!

My WiFi App automatically connects me to a VM public location in London, particularly the Londomn Underground stations - or at least I think it does. I can't be certain that the normal association on the iPhone with a previously connected location wasn't kicking in.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos