Menu
perfphysio
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Superhub (Netgear VMDG480) restarting and even factory resetting

Hi guys

I have an ongoing issue with my Superhub that is doing my head in. It keeps restarting automatically. Sometimes it even reset to the factory defaults leaving itself (and my home network) open to hacking.

I am quite IT literate and have followed all the usual security checks when setting it up e.g. change all the default passwords, the the WPSPIN, the network passphrase on the box etc etc. Despite this it still keeps happening, yesterday constantly so I just had to turn it off.

Once I did turn it back on all reconnected but there was no internet coming out via my wireless. Right now another reboot and reconnect is working but as I work from home and this is a cabled service to this box I cannot see how to remedy the issue.

It seems like a newer hub (I see there might be a Superhub 3 now or better) might fix our issues. We are also rarely getting the speed of broadband that were were notified we should not be getting in our street. Maybe it will fix that too?

Any support person out there than can assist with a replacement hub?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Superhub (Netgear VMDG480) restarting and even factory resetting

Hey perfphysio,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Superhub. It certainly shouldn't be resetting itself, so I'll gladly replace this for you. Please drop me a PM confirming your name and address and I'll place an order.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
perfphysio
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Superhub (Netgear VMDG480) restarting and even factory resetting

Many thanks for the assistance. I have just DM'd you

regards

Richard

0 Kudos