Menu
hil1502
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Hub keeps losing internet connection

The hub was supplied 3 years ago (I'm not sure what model), but it keeps dropping internet connection and needs rebooting.  It happens 2 or 3 times a week and has for ages - I've been lazy about reporting it as its not been a major inconvenience until now (I rely on my internet connection for online lectures and studies). 

Does anyone know why this happens or is just a dodgy hub?

Thank you

Hilary

0 Kudos
Aaronix
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media Hub keeps losing internet connection

I am having the exact same problem with my hub3. Working fine up to a week ago but since then keeps losing connection. Nothing virgin have done has sorted it out yet. They have even given me a new hub but it made no difference :/

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI hil1502,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your hub.

When the connection drops off, what do the lights on the front of the hub do?

Does a reboot resolve the issue every time?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hil1502
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

The lights seem to flash like crazy. And yes, the reboot solves it every time. Most of the time its just my phone connected to it.

I spoke to Virgin the other day. They reset the router and changed something - they said something about crowded network (although all my neightbours aeem to be with sky or BT), and something about the hub dropping out when its overcrowded because of a setting they changed. I dont really understand.

I did however just see a whole load of posts from people a year ago seeming to have the same problem and the conclusion seemed to be that the hub just doesnt wrok.
Ita frustrating because Im paying a lot for what Inexpect to be a better/faster service than the alternatives here, but it just doesnt seem to be up to standard.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hil1502,

Thanks for getting back to me!

The Superhub you currently have is quite old and has likely not functioning properly. I'd like to send you a newer hub as I believe it will solve the issues you've been having.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos