Menu
mparker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media HUb 3.0 constant discconects and dropouts...

Hello.

I upgraded my virgin internet and tv package and ever since changing it and using the Hub 3.0 VMDG505 it has dropped in and out all the time. It is very frustrating and does it around 15 times a day. My previous slow internet was better as it stayed connected...

It's very random and there is no pattern as to when it happens. It has been like this since virgin put in the new Hub for me.

I was wondering if it was the upstream is too high and this is causing drop outs and fluctuations..

I took a print screen of my setting which I can post or send if necessary..

8Frequency(Hz)39400000Mode: ATDMA44.5dbmvModulation 64 qamChannel Bandwidth(Hz) 6400000Symbol Rate (ksps) 5120
7Frequency(Hz)46200000Mode: ATDMA44.5dbmvModulation 64 qamChannel Bandwidth(Hz)6400000Symbol Rate (ksps) 5120

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media HUb 3.0 constant discconects and dropouts...

Upstream power levels look OK, 51dBmv is the recommended maximum.  Can you post the downstream figures and the network log?  Maybe they will show something to indicate the drop outs.

Are they just wireless drop outs or are wired devices dropping out at the same time?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
jenifferhomes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing similar issues with the Virgin Media HUb 3.0. When checking your connection there must be problems with both the upstream and downstream power levels. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
mparker
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downstream ratesDownstream ratesDownstream rates 2Downstream rates 2Network logNetwork logNetwork log 1Network log 1Network log 2Network log 2 

Hiya and thank you for responding. Here is he downstream and the network log. Sorry I couldn't work out how to do it in a long continuous photo. Yes the wireless and wired both disconnect and often buffers if it stays connected.

thanks for your response.

Martin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mparker,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic and I can see a few timeouts in the log. I can also see the hub hasn't been rebooted for quite a while. I'd like you to switch the hub off at the mains, leave it off for about a minute, then switch it back on.

Once it's booted back up, see if you still get the same issue. If you do, give me a shout and we'll take another look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos