turbodeas
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin (Arris) Hub 3.0 Static Routes

Hi All,

I have computers on two different subnets, via two different routers:

Router 1 (Virgin Hub 3, connected to internet): IP range xxx.xxx.0.1

Router 2 (Old Buffalo model with hardware VPN to internet via Router 1): IP range xxx.xxx.1.1

Everything is working as it should, but I'd like the two networks to be able to talk to each other. I need to set up a static route between the two, however when logging in to the Virgin Hub 3, I can't see this option under 'Advanced Settings'. Is there an advanced GUI page that I'm missing, or is this (fairly standard, basic routing...) feature not implemented on this model?

I've had a search around the forum, and can't find anything conclusive, so any help is appreciated - if there is another/better way to do this, please say Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sadgit1971
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin (Arris) Hub 3.0 Static Routes

Hello

I also need this option. It is a fairly standard thing so surely it must be possible?

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The hub 3 barely supports broadband properly so no I’d say static routes are a no go, you have to buy your own router to enable that
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

just to add what deviousiphone said the hub only as the basic of features, so would need to use a 3rd party router that support mutli networks, since how come your not using modem mode on the hub, lack of ports?..

other possible can you change the subnet on the Buffalo so i same network as the hub, setting the Buffalo dhcp range outside of the hubs and vice versa
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does this help?

https://serverfault.com/questions/627894/how-should-i-bridge-two-networks-given-each-network-has-its...

You'd have to shell out some dosh for the switches. You'll get no joy out of VM for the lack of functionality in their Hub.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Or turn off the dhcp on the buffalo so all devices will be on the same network
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos