Menu
Vimal1978
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very unreliable

Moved to Ub7 area last month and with in this period my wife must have called virgin 5-6 times minimum for sorting out WiFi. It's never reliable. Have read few people giving good reviews on some other web sites, but i I assume there will be more like me who are struggling too.Have spend a lot of money calling customer service using our mobile phone and have reached our limit. Really Regret moving from sky. Now I'm pretty confident that this issue will never resolve. I think the only option i have will be to wait silently till my contract finish.
Thank you
Vimal
0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very unreliable

Does your service work okay via a wired connection? If there are problems there that will obviously need sorting first.

Does wifi work reliably close, within a few feet to the SHub?

There are many things that can affect wifi, have you checked the guide​ to maximising wifi performance?

Does your new house have different construction to your previous one?

Are there any radio sources that may be causing interference?

Do you have problems with both 2.4 and 5G wifi?

Do the wifi channels you are using clash with your neighbours? Downloading a free wifi analyser app will enable you to check for this.

As this is a different location there is no guarantee that another provider's wifi would be any better. They all provide relatively basic kit, so if you are in a difficult location you may have to consider buying extra kit if you want good wifi coverage.around the house. Such as powerline wifi access point or a superior router that can be used with the VM SHub placed into modem mode.
0 Kudos
Vimal1978
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gone again. We took the connection last Oct. If I cancel now, do I have to pay any cancellation fees.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Vimal1978,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies you are experiencing an issue with your wireless connection.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your name and address I can look into this for you.

In the meantime, can you take a look at the advice from vircom and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos