Menu
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very high latency on SH3

As part of my V6 installation I also got a Super Hub 3 to replace my SH2a.  On checking my Thinkbroadband ping monitor I notice that i am now getting constant very high latency - see link. You can see how my old modem performed and how the new one is now.  Is this something that can be fixed?

My broadband ping

0 Kudos
StormW4tch3r
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very high latency on SH3

Hey, if you read this post http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency... it will give you an insight of what up with the Hub 3 there is no eta of fix, yet, im gussing they are still waiting for intel to fix it?

Ashley

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Blenky wrote:

As part of my V6 installation I also got a Super Hub 3 to replace my SH2a.  On checking my Thinkbroadband ping monitor I notice that i am now getting constant very high latency - see link. You can see how my old modem performed and how the new one is now.  Is this something that can be fixed?

My broadband ping

In the short term .. no , in the long term .. maybe

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask to get a SH2 back - I didn't ask for the 3?  It was put in with the V6.

0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

V6 and SH3 - atrocious latency.

I got a V6 installed yesterday and as part of the installation my SH2ac was replaced with a SH3.  Looking at the Thinkbroadband ping monitor the latency is atrocious - and this is a known issue.  What I would like to know is can I have a SH2ac back as it was a very reliable and smooth modem.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 and SH3 - atrocious latency.

Ive merged your threads as youll get a quicker response keeping everything in one place.

Be advised its up to a week ATM for a staff reply.

0 Kudos
Blenky
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Ive merged your threads as youll get a quicker response keeping everything in one place.

Be advised its up to a week ATM for a staff reply.

OK thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blenky, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with the latency. 

In terms of changing your hub back to the SH2ac, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

I should say though that if we change it back then you want to upgrade back to the Shub 3 there may be further costs involved. 

Talk through your options with the team and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Blenky,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having problems since using the Hub 3, it might be an option to revert back to your Superhub 2 AC. I'll need to look into this for you.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos