Menu
AboutLee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VPN issue and wifi issue with mobile

I know there's posts about VPNs but people are saying go to this setting then this setting or add an IP address. But I can't find the feature for the VPN or adding an IP.

My other issue is when I leave my house my phone won't connect back to 3G. But if I leave my moms house on her wifi it connects back to 3G.

I've got the black superhub 3
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN issue and wifi issue with mobile

HI AboutLee,

Welcome back to the community. It's nice to have you here.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with connecting to your VPN and 3G.

In regards to the VPN, you can try opening ports using Port Forwarding to see if that will help.

Have you tried connecting to the VPN whilst the Hub 3.0 is in modem mode at all?

With your phone not connecting to 3G, if you can pop a post within the Virgin Mobile board, one of my colleagues will be able to have a look at that for you.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AboutLee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried setting up the port forwarding with the IP of the VPN but it says not valid. Also I have no idea what the start port and close port etc.. are.

As for my mobile im not on virgin mobile but o2. And with it not connecting it only happens on my home wifi. Other wifi routers it connects back to 3G/4G.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi AboutLee,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The port numbers you need to open, you will be able to obtain these from your IT department/company from where you work.

With your mobile phone are you out of distance from the wireless connection? Or does it still show it as connected?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos