Menu
kevin_m
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VPN dropping

Hello, Occasionally I need to work from home, typically less than a dozen times in the year. I use Cisco Anyconnect VPN to connect to the corporate work network. The past two times I've had to work from home (last week and today), the VPN keeps dropping after a random period of time. Today I enabled PPTP passthrough on my SH2 but this has made no difference. I've seen similar VPN issues logged recently by other VM customers. One workaround suggested is to reconfigure the SH2 as a cable modem. I'd prefer not to have to do that, though I have a spare wifi router if required. Is there anything else I can do. Don't want to phone VM support just yet ... want to be spared their basic remedial steps for the time being. Thanks, Kevin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN dropping

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with accessing your VPN. We might need to enable some ports so you an gain access. If you find out what ports you need, just follow this guide on how to set up port forwarding.

Hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kevin_m
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, Thanks for this. I'll take a look at this later today. I have no problem connecting to the VPN. The problem is staying connected to the VPN. The connection typically drops after a number of minutes, anything from within 5 minutes to half an hour. This had been working fine in the past, so the problem may have been caused by a firmware update push to the SH2. Kevin
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

It does sound like this fault has started off the back of a change to your Superhub firmware, but now we've got to find a way to get around this. What about putting the IP address of your VPN into the DMZ rule, just as a temp measure for testing purposes, if it works well then we know that it's a port issue.

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos