Menu
BarneyV1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VPN Superhub 3

Need to connect to VPN for work, but Superhub 3 doesn't seem to let me. Had no issues with Superhub 2. Please advise what I need to do to get VPN working again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPN Superhub 3

hiya @BarneyV1 what happens when you try and connect any error message, since you've changed hubs you'll get a different IP address, does the VPN server allow for access from different IP addresses?.. also do you still have your hub 2
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
BarneyV1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @paultechy, thanks for your reply.

It is an outgoing VPN connection (i.e. connect to work server from home). Don't get any specific error message, it just doesn't connect and then times out. The VPN server should accept different IP addresses.

And yes, I do still have my SuperHub 2.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i would be possible re-using the superhub 2 would just require a call to broadband support via 150 / 0345 454 1111 to re-activate it, just the superhub2 wouldn't work on the 300mb tier.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
BarneyV1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would rather not have to go back to the Superhub 2 as the speed is a lot better on the 3. Is there no way around it on the 3?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello BarneyV1

The hub3 seemed to perform okay for VPN in our trials, it only supports certain protocols and I wonder if that is the issue. What one are you using VPN protocols

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
FrankieT69
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to jump on here but I will just cut to the chase.  What is the best VPN to use with the new superhub 3.  Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos