Menu
Lorraine1000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VM forcing me to change to Superhub 3 from VMNG300 Why?

Why is virgin media forcing me to change my VMNG300 for a superhub 3 when all the superhubs have problems including the superhub 3? They know the superhub 3 has a CPU chipset problems, causes latency and packet loss issues.

They say that the VMNG300 can not take 100MB but it can, in fact if they did a firmware update it could take 300MB, so why are they discontinuing it from the end of April 2017 and say if i do not update to the superhub 3 i wont have any internet? then say oh they are not forcing me?

I don't have any problems with the VMNG300 thats why i have still got it and each time they try and tell me they need to change it i will not, Why don't VM start to hear what the people who are paying for there service are saying? why in fact don't they start to look at there own forum and see the problems?

Lorraine1000

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM forcing me to change to Superhub 3 from VMNG300 Why?

It's not about the speed.  VM are requiring people to change to the new hub because they are transferring users still on old standards to the Docsis 3 standard.  If you don't have Docsis 3 enabled equipment your connection will cease to work when they pull the plug.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM forcing me to change to Superhub 3 from VMNG300 Why?

Although that's true for most of the modems the VMNG300 is a DOCSIS 3 device, so there are probably a couple of reasons why the VMNG300 is also being swapped:

1. Even though it is a DOCSIS 3 device, it is only capable of 4 downstream channels and I believe only one upstream channel (although may be wrong on that). The Hubs (even the SH1) can do many more downstream and upstream channels, so can improve the ability of Virgin Media to manage the network usage and offer improved services.

2.Support. The VMNG300 was introduced almost 10 years ago, so has reached the end of it's working life and needs to be replaced.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos