Menu
andymr
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

VM Broadband basically unusable at peak hours

Hi, 

Over the last few weeks, during peak hours, my VM broadband has basically been unusable during peak hours. The ping has been averaging over 100ms with peaks at 900+ms. As well as this, the speeds i've been getting are a fraction of what I'm paying for (average of around 2Mb/s vs the 100Mb/s that I'm paying for. (see attached TBB speed test and ping monitor) I've contacted support before and they mentioned that there were issues with the connection in my area (21) that is being upgraded, and that this is due to complete by the 21st December. Has anyone else experienced issues like this - I can barely load webpages during peak hours!

My Broadband Ping - Home Broadband

My Broadband Speed Test

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Broadband basically unusable at peak hours

Hi andymr, 

Thank you for your post about your high ping and slow speeds during the peak hours, let me take this opportunity to welcome you to our forum community! It's great to see so many new faces helping out around here.

I have run some tests on your connection and I can see that there's a few issues affecting your connection. The first is that both of your upstream power levels are too high and have a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs which will definitely have an impact on your connection's performance.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you, I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure everything gets booked and secured for you.

The second issue affecting your connection is that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F003518362 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of December. Should you require any further updates on this then post back here around that date and we'll gladly take a look and provide any updates that become available.

Take care,

Thanks,

Adam. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: VM Broadband basically unusable at peak hours

Hi andymr, 

Thank you for your post about your high ping and slow speeds during the peak hours, let me take this opportunity to welcome you to our forum community! It's great to see so many new faces helping out around here.

I have run some tests on your connection and I can see that there's a few issues affecting your connection. The first is that both of your upstream power levels are too high and have a number of T3 time outs inside the Hubs logs which will definitely have an impact on your connection's performance.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you, I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure everything gets booked and secured for you.

The second issue affecting your connection is that your area cable seems to be suffering some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this.

The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance during the peak hours, the reference number for this is F003518362 and is currently set to be reviewed around the end of December. Should you require any further updates on this then post back here around that date and we'll gladly take a look and provide any updates that become available.

Take care,

Thanks,

Adam. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out