Menu
chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V.O.I.P Superhub 2ac, Sipgate

I did ask a little while ago for advice in getting my VOIP with Superhub 2ac trouble fixed, and I thank all who helped with that, but the problems still there, and I wanted to keep trying without putting it into modem mode and buying a extra router, which may not fix it.

I think I have pinpointed the trouble area a bit more.

I am able to receive telephone calls (I have a proper telephone number) on my computer and android tablet softphone, and all works well.

But If I call out from the android or computer they hear me fine, but I cannot hear them.

Seeing I get a good conversation when I am called, it seems strange when I call anyone they hear everything  but I get nothing.

I thought maybe firewall blocking on computer, but I turned it off, and android no firewall, and in fact the softprone on the android reports a problem ?

Any further advice is appricated where to look what to tick or untick, or change.

Thank you, Chris.

(P.S. not too good with my spelling, and no spellchecker here to aid me)

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V.O.I.P Superhub 2ac, Sipgate

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

chris2chris
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi J0hn, I was grateful to receive all the links, after viewing, and thinking, and trying, I think I have the answer for me.

I have to assign the full IP number, for the computer with the VOIP phone on, to the DMZ setting in the hub, and now I have full VOIP use on that computer....
I also had to reserve that IP number in the DHCP reservation, to hold it for that computer with that MAC address (all done automatically if you dot it in DHCP reserve.) and now when IP numbers are assigned to other devices it keeps that IP for that computer with that MAC address, and the DMZ lets everything through on that IP....
Only problem is everything to and from that computer does not get firewalled/checked in the hub, and I have to rely fully on the firewall on the computer.....Maybe one day I can find just the VOIP strand and just let that go free.

A bit of a sledge hammer to crack a nut, so to speak

Thanks again
Chris
0 Kudos