Menu
pessimistermurf
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Using two superhubs on two coax cables

I moved into a house which has two or three coax connections, and I have a superhub 2 and a superhub 3. Does anyone know would it be possible to connect the SH2 to the second coax cable, put it in modem mode and use a tp-link router to extend my wifi coverage? It may well be a waste of time - I'm thinking that the MAC address of the SH2 will prevent my using it in that way.

Any smart folks know the answer?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Using two superhubs on two coax cables

Can't be done as only one mac address will be registered
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is nothing you can use to make use of the coax. Your on the right track with tp link

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can't be done as only one mac address will be registered
pessimistermurf
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh that is a pain - do you know is there any way for me to make use of this extra co-ax connection? I suppose in the mean time I can try and use my tp-link as a repeater bridge to get decent wifi upstairs,

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is nothing you can use to make use of the coax. Your on the right track with tp link
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

2 accounts and correct router , you could bond them together ... maybe

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

pyrotenax wrote: 
2 accounts and correct router , you could bond them together ... maybe

Yes technically possible but not normal SOP for Residential customer, not supported by VM (contrary to T&C's/ToR's) unless (albeit rare occurence) perhaps you happen to participate in (regular longterm) New product TestTrials on  various hardware or Speed Tiers.   It's apparently a real audit nightmare for VM Trials Support Management to organise and not insignificant effort to arrange sign-off risk acceptance and arrange crediting to customers billing to negate billing system charging for extra Trial account etc, etc.

Equally there's a responsibility for Trialist not to say deliberately bond two concurrent WAN Ip's for say V200 and V200Gamer and thus potentially aggregate  (and saturate) upto 460/35   service on one D3 cable node!  Such deliberate abuse would undoubtedly be detected on Network stats and the miscreant removed from not only future Trials but likely also any current Residential VM service! 

Theoretically in MHO service this could (slightly more legitimately) occur where two adjacent occupiers could contrive to aggregate their individual connections or even in the past ypu could have both a Residential and Business service in same occupancy (eg my next door neighbour a decade ago! Smiley Wink

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)