Menu
Valkyria444
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Use a different superhub

I recently changed flats, and I discovered in my new flat an abandoned superhub2 left behind by the previous tenants. Also, I discovered the superhub1 I currently have doesn't adequately cover the whole flat with wifi. So I tested with the abandoned superhub2 and it turns out it has way better range.

I called tech support and asked them if they could associate that superhub2 so I could use it instead, since I already have it and it works better. Surprisingly, they claim they can't do it for unspecified technical reasons, and then suggested I chuck that superhub2 in the bin and pay 15 pounds to buy the superhub3 instead! Seems environmentally unfriendly and needlessly wasteful.

I suspect it's highly unlikely that my request is really technically impossible, any advice on who I could talk to who could make it happen?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Use a different superhub

It is not a technical issue it is a security issue. VM will have no idea what has been done to the SH2 since it has been abandoned, it could have been chipped or modified. Theft of service from chipped modems has been a problem in the past, just one of the issues that can arise from a modified modem

There was a similar question asked before, and the semi official answer was that there was no way that thing is comming anywhere near our network.

0 Kudos